Saturday 24 September 2011

VSS Vintorez Extended Review


What can be said about the VSS Vintorez that I haven't already mentioned in my video? Well for starters, this gun is a gamechanger.

Why?

Is it better than an assault rifle like a Scar-L or M16?

Well no.. but its pretty close, and you have to remember that recons have a huge advantage over other classes with the variety of secondary weapons available like claymores, motion sensors, and even additional clips for their rifles.

So keeping that in mind, the rifle itself is wonderful.. but not perfect. You'll still get shot down by enemies who have you scoped quicker, and you'll still have to have a good reaction time if caught in close quarters, like you would with any other sniper rifle.

In the smaller maps like Sharqi, you can even combo up a level 4 motion sensor and try straight sniping some of the close packed pathways and alleys. It fires fast enough that if you back into a corner and just wait, you can almost guarantee a killshot before any ambushed enemies have time to react and draw their weapon.



[Video Transcript]

Hey Battlefield Fans,

BadlyBurned here for a brand new weapon review for the 1st of the 4 new guns dished out by EA for Battlefield Play4Free. 


To start, I'll be covering the VSS for the recon class, which has.. and I quote:
"SMG-like characteristics.."


I could not put it better myself.. this rifle, out of all the available sniper rifles in my opinion.. gives you the greatest supression fire ability when travelling with a group or dealing with large waves of incoming enemies.


Its "SMG-like" qualities are seen mostly close to medium range.. at this distance you can easily deal increbible damage by either firing from the hip, or quickscoping.. as this gun is very fast to draw and has an incredible rate of fire.


But do remember.. if you plan on using it to snipe, or take on any enemies over long ranges.. you have to get good at slow tapping your trigger so that you can deal with the slightly shaky recoil, just like you would with most other assault rifles.


One really good thing I noticed about the VSS is how you can usually carry it around in almost any situation. If your sick of having to swap out between your pistol or another dual primary when playing the maps like Sharqi.. then this gun is meant for you, as it does well regardless of the map size.. and its scope range fits perfectly for some of those tight spaces.


Also, with this gun you really can do quite well on the move as long as have a good reaction time.. you'll still sometimes be countered by other quicker draw weaponary, but I'd still give it a try if you are a fan of the semi auto sniper rifles, as its playstyle mostly reflects these weapons.
Its one drawback is its low ammo count.. but I think this was on purpose to encourage recons to actually travel in a group and get resupplied by teammates..


Regardless.. I Love this gun.. The VSS is a great changeup for those recon bored of sitting back and sniping long range, thats all for this weapon review.. but please, vote in the comments by letting me know which of the 3 remaining guns you'd like to see next.


or drop me a shoutout at my new blog which I'll be updating with every video I release from now on... at badlyburned.blogspot.com. This is BadlyBurned.. and before I go.. special thanks to AmmoBFP4F for making me this awesome intro

2 comments:

  1. It might save a couple people if you point out how the 416 feels exactly the same as the m4a1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey badlyburned u might remember on of your online friends killer_Recon.I just want ask u this, which is the best class?

    ReplyDelete